CVRC member Kristyn Masters provides 10 suggestions for women principal investigators to better juggle the balancing act during these trying times.
1. Find a peer group of women to provide professional support
2. Say no to requests to do anything outside of your main responsibilities
3. Drop something
4. When you have energy to do more than the minimum, use that in support of women and underrepresented groups
5. Remember, you know yourself best
6. It’s OK to push back
7. Remember, you have some flexibility to make your own schedule
8. Whatever help you can get, take it
9. Do your best to remember that others are struggling too—be empathetic and work to build a community
10. Don’t lose your sense of humor
To view full article click here.