Ruben Alexanian, MD, Department of Medicine
Where did you grow up?
- I grew up in Fort Collins, Colorado; but we moved to Wisconsin when I was a freshman in high school and have been here since.
What is your educational/professional background?
- I am an interventional cardiologist who also does basic science research.
What is the main goal of your current research program?
- My laboratory studies the mechanisms underlying bioprosthetic aortic valve degeneration and strives to bioengineer novel valve tissue constructs resistant to early failure.
What attracted you to UW-Madison?
- I did all my training from undergraduate to fellowship at UW-Madison and elected to stay on as faculty.
What are you hobbies/other interests?
- Time with family including our new born son and German Shepard (Simba). Home improvement projects.