About the Cardiovascular Research Center
The UW Cardiovascular Research Center is housed in the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health. Its members are from the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences, the School of Education, the College of Engineering, the College of Letters and Science, the Graduate School, the School of Medicine and Public Health, the School of Pharmacy and the School of Veterinary Medicine.
Sixteen different departments within the School of Medicine and Public Health are represented among the membership. Over 130 faculty and scientists with diverse interests in cardiovascular research are currently members of the Center.
Center Administration Executive Committee
- Richard L. Moss, PhD, Emeritus, Biotechnology and Graduate Studies for the School of Medicine and Public Health and Professor of Cell and Regenerative Biology
- Héctor H. Valdivia, MD/PhD, Professor of Cardiovascular Medicine
- Thomas Grist, MD, is Professor and Chair of Radiology
- Jonathan C. Makielski, MD, Professor of Cardiovascular Medicine
- Jon S. Matsumura, MD, Professor of Vascular Surgery